Because that is what i do. Found this beetle on the ground when going bird watching bordering the Mt. Pock Forest Reserve. I flip it using a stick to see the many legs. Settled with millipede when I saw the leg-like structure under it. A mistake.
Notice the leg-like structure on the left. Thats how I confused it with millipede. How silly.
Try to ID it for hours using the keyword 'armoured millipede' and 'gonggok hitam'. Didnt work of course.
Anyway its scientific name is Platerodrilus sp. Family Lycidae. Formerly known as Duliticola sp, but the name is no longer used. Duliticola is easier to remember though. Called Trilobite beetle because it resembled the prehistoric creature Trilobite (google it lah).
Enjoy a scenic view of sunrise behind Mt. Pock Forest Reserve.
Let me tag it with using terms i sillyly (lol) googled.
And I will try to update with other things (uhh, my ArcGIS tutorial) 'later'.



No comments:
Post a Comment